Pages

Monday 15 August 2016

What Does The Refresh Option In Windows Actually Do?





Most of us have the habit of constantly refreshing our Windows machines. Many times, we just do it because we have to. But, we haven’t thought of the actual thing the Refresh option does to our machine.

Until a few days ago, I, being a loyal Windows user from the time when I got hands on my first computer, believed that the Refresh option in Windows clears the system memory, making it clutter free. But, all my beliefs turned out to be false when I finally I dug through the internet for the actual task performed by the Refresh option in Windows.

What actually happens is that Windows has an auto-refresh feature inbuilt by Microsoft which enables the screen to display the changes made to a folder

Sometimes, the auto-refresh option fails to display the change on your screen. So, you have to manually do it yourself by clicking the Refresh button in the context menu. I would like to tell you that no miracle happens when you click the refresh button. It won’t make any changes in the performance. Your Windows machine won’t transform into a supercomputer.

Most people, including me, have developed a habit of constantly refreshing Windows for no reason. I have used Ubuntu recently and I find myself searching for the Refresh option in the context menu, but it is nowhere to be seen because Linux-based operating systems don’t have it.

It seems like a daily ritual for most of us, our hands involuntarily keep pressing the F5 key. And some of us even overcome our laziness and refresh windows using a mouse which is a tiresome job, though. So, try to get rid of this bad habit.

So, feel free to press the F5 button the next time. But, do decide whether you need it or not. Anyways, it’s your machine and the Refresh option is free–press it as many times you want.

Did i clear your confusion?

No comments:

Post a Comment